March 28, 2015
.NET, .NET Framework, App Service, ASP.NET, ASP.NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC, Azure, Cloud Services, Media Services, Microsoft, Mobile Services, SignalR, Web API, Web API v2.0, Windows Azure Development
Microsoft today announced availability of new azure cloud services named as Azure App Service. Azure App Service. Azure App Service is a replacement of old Azure Websites / Azure Mobile Services, earlier these services were delivered separately and Microsoft has integrated all these capability in to single service and made it easy to configure.
Azure App Service enables you to easily create Web + Mobile + Logic + API Apps easily . Azure App Service is an integrated service that enables you to create web and mobile apps for any platform or device, easily integrate with SaaS solutions.
Capabilities of Azure App Service includes:
- Support for .NET, Node.js, Java, PHP, and Python code
- Built-in AutoScale support (automatically scale up/down based on real-world load)
- Traffic Manager support (geographically scale your apps around the world)
- Integrated Visual Studio publishing as well as FTP publishing
- Continuous Integration/Deployment support with Visual Studio Online, GitHub, and BitBucket
- Virtual networking support and hybrid connections to on-premises networks and databases
- Staged deployment and test in production support
- WebJob support for long running background tasks
- Built-In API connectors for Logic Apps.
What are you waiting for, sign-into the Azure Preview Portal and Get Started.
May 14, 2014
.NET, .NET Framework, .NET Framework 4.5.2, Azure SDK, Microsoft, SQL Server 2014, Trial Downloads, Updates, Visual Studio 2013, VisualStudio, VS2013, Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8 apps development, Windows 8.1, Windows Azure Development, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, Windows Phone 8.0 SDK, Windows Phone Development, Windows Phone Store, Windows Store, Windows Store Development, Windowz Azure, XBOX Development
Microsoft has released the latest update for Visual Studio 2013 with major improvements including support for developing Universal apps for Windows 8.x, Win Phone, and XBOX.
Here are the list of improvements included as part of the release(lending from Visual Studio team blog):
Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 has many new capabilities as well as fixes that address bugs, customer feedback, performance, and reliability improvements. Here are some new capabilities that are part of this and related Updates and links to where you can find more info.
- Universal Apps. With this release you can now build universal apps that can run on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 while sharing code and assets through shared projects.
- Web Tool. Our web development tools have many new features like SCSS support, a new JSON editor, updated ASP.NET templates, and an improved URL picker.
- Azure tools. It’s easier to take advantage of Azure with options to create websites and SQL Azure databases directly on Azure for simpler deployment to a development / testing environment.
- Diagnostics. Our diagnostics tools also got some enhancements. Performance events now let you navigate to user code for MVC Methods or jump to the SQL command for database queries. It is also possible to view the Windows Store diagnostics tools at the same time to see all your diagnostics information on a shared timeline.
- Slipstream install. You can download Visual Studio with all its latest features from one install that includes Visual Studio 2013 RTM and Update 2 for Visual Studio.
There are a number of other important updates that are available today in addition to Update 2 for Visual Studio 2013:
- A cloud optimized .NET. The latest updates to the framework provide a cloud optimized mode that is smaller, lighter weight, and designed for cloud and server workloads.
- .Net vNext. This update to the .Net framework is optimized for cloud-first and mobile-first development. It enables you to compile C# 6 and VB code with Roslyn compilers, speed up Windows Store apps with the .NET Native ahead of time compiler, and has a cloud optimized mode for ASP.NET apps.
- TFS 2013 Update 2. It’s worth mentioning again the updates in TFS 2013 like improvements for tagging, charting, shared parameters, cloud load testing application analytics, and a lot more.
Check out Somasegar’s Blog and Brian Harry’s Blog to get more details on some of the highlights in this release. For a quick view at all the features and fixes included in this update go to the KB article.
Visual Studio 2013 – Update 2 (Web / ISO)
June 6, 2013
.NET, .NET Framework, AppFabric, Azure, Cloud Services, KnowledgeBase, Media Services, Microsoft, Microsoft Learning, Mobile Services, Training-Kits, Windows Azure Development, Windows Azure Training Kit, Windowz Azure
Microsoft has relased the latest Windows Azure Training Kit.
Quoting the details from Microsoft:
The May 2013 update of the Windows Azure Training Kit includes new content on Windows Azure Media Services as well as updates to use the latest Windows Azure SDK v2.0.
- New Lab: Introduction to Windows Azure Media Services
- New Lab: Getting Started with Windows Azure Storage
- Updated Labs to leverage the latest version of Windows Azure SDK.
Download: Windows Azure TrainingKit – May2013
April 30, 2013
.NET, .NET Framework, AppFabric, Azure, Azure SDK, Azure Tools, Cloud Computing, Cloud Services, KnowledgeBase, Media Services, Microsoft, Microsoft SDKs, Mobile Services, SQL Azure, VisualStudio, VS2010, VS2012, Windows, Windows Azure, Windows Azure Development, Windows Azure Training Kit, Windowz Azure
Latest version of Windows Azure SDK for .NET – Version 2.0 released by Microsoft.
DOWNLOAD: Windows Azure SDK for .NET 2.0 (Offline Installer)
Recommended: Instead of manually downloading the files from above link, it is recommended you use the automated one-click install provided by the Web Platform Installer x64 or x86.
Click on the appropriate install link below based on your version of Visual Studio:
DOWNLOAD: Windows Azure Training Kit – April 2013
February 12, 2013
Jump Start – February 19: Building Web Apps with ASP.NET (February 19)
An accelerated introduction to building modern web applications with ASP.NET 4.5 and ASP.NET MVC 4 team-taught by Scott Hanselman and Jon Galloway.
Windows Azure Hands-on Labs Online Training (February 20)
Learn how to connect a Paas application to an Iaas application. Matt Hester will be available to help you work through configuring a simple web app, publish to Windows Azure, and run it in the cloud. Download the free Azure 90-day trial for the hands-on portion of this training.
Jump Start – February 21: Building Apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8
Compare and contrast Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 with an eye to understanding how to maximize the code you reuse when building for both platforms. Dive into guidance, best practices, patterns, and techniques that will help you deliver apps with maximum code reuse.
Watch the previous jump start series:
Building Your Windows 8 Apps with XAML and Blend
Jerry Nixon welcomes Navit Saxena and Hari Menon from the Microsoft Blend team to discuss the latest features and improvements made in Blend as it pertains to XAML developers and its integration with Visual Studio 2012. Tune in to hear how Blend can make life much easier for Windows 8 app developers. Get 30 days of free help to build your own app – sign up today at Generation App.
[Courtesy: Channel9, MSDN Flash, Microsoft Virtual Academy(MVA) , Microsoft]
November 13, 2012
.NET, All, Azure, Cloud Computing, Community, KnowledgeBase, Media Services, Microsoft, MSDN, SQL Azure, Training-Kits, VisualStudio, VS2012, Windows, Windows 8, Windows Azure, Windows Azure Development, Windows Azure Training Kit, Windowz Azure
The November 2012 update of the Windows Azure Training Kit includes:
- Updated labs to use Windows Azure SDK (October 2012)
- Updated labs to use Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8
- New Hands-on lab: Windows 8 Mobile Services (HTMLJS)
- Updated Presentations .NET 4.5 Support in Web Sites and Cloud Services
DOWNLOAD: Windows Azure Training Kit – November 2012